Do you believe in yourself: your dreams, goals, and vision? Or have you tried this “motivational thing” in the past and failed spectacularly …
When it comes to fulfillment, the answer may seem so simple. But fulfillment is about much more than simply spending time doing the things you set out to do. Living your life fulfilled is about living every single day to your maximum capacity; you are fully satisfied complete and lacking nothing. Nothing is missing! How would you live if nothing was missing? What would you do differently with complete access to everything you planned on and hoped to accomplish? And what’s even more important to ask yourself is what you need to do to access that unlimited potential in you before your days on Earth are done. Follow these five steps to fulfilled living to start finding the life you were meant to lead:
- Find what you are passionate about. This first step may seem to be the easiest, but that is far from the case. Many people go through most of their lives before they finally realize what they are truly passionate about. Finding your passion doesn’t mean merely finding something that you happen to be good at. It’s about figuring out what you would do even if no one paid you to do it. It requires you to separate out the things of real importance out from all of life’s extras.
- Get your priorities straight. The moment you realize what you are truly passionate about, you can begin to start straightening out your priorities. It is truly staggering how many people come to the realization at some point in their life that their priorities do not match their passions. Maybe they’ve been chasing after that promotion because they think it’s what they should want, but in reality they want to leave the corporate sphere and start their own business. Everyone’s story is different, and everyone should make sure their priorities align with their passions.
- Set SMART goals. I know what you’re saying – how many times have we heard this one. Yes, it’s a must that you know what to shoot for; you should absolutely set goals that are SMART: specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and timely. These guidelines will enable you to determine how you are doing on your quest to achieve a fulfilled life.
- Focus on what you want instead of what you don’t have. One of the dangers of setting goals for yourself is focusing too much on what you don’t have. This is a self-defeating way of looking at your goals that will just lead you to despair. By visualizing what you will look like after you achieve your goals, you create almost a natural pathway to deciding how to get there.
- Reach for the stars! No one was made to go through life in mediocrity. We were all made to perform to our maximum capability, and you can’t be fulfilled if you’re just settling for what’s nearby or “comfortable.” “There is no fulfillment to be found in receiving diminished returns from your life — in settling for a life that is less than the one you were created to produce.”
All of us have great potential that was put inside of us by our Creator. When you learn to live life like you love to be alive, suddenly you realize just how much potential exists inside of you.”
“And the cool part is that others will begin to recognize that you are fulfilled too! Your fulfilled life then becomes contagious!” -Merle Ray